Food and Beverage Manager
Fort Steele is seeking a talented and experienced Food and Beverage Manager to lead our food services team in producing high quality offerings for our guests. As the Food and Beverage Manager, you will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the Bakery, International Hotel Restaurant, Visitor Reception Centre café, and special events food and beverage needs. This includes preparing, baking and serving products, managing inventory, ensuring quality control, managing and training staff, among other duties.
As the Food and Beverage Operations Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the food service activities of the F&B operations. The F&B Manager will adhere to customer service, food and beverage standards, policies, and procedures. The successful candidate will provide effective leadership, facilitate communications and coordinate initiatives related to food and beverage; while managing financial, HR, and resource requirements.
This role reports to the Assistant General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop food and beverage operational procedures and ensure implementation
• Ensure staffing is sufficient; recruit, select, onboard and train qualified staff, with HR
• Allocate workload and supervise staff
• Follow procurement procedures and monitor facilities and equipment
• Monitor expenses and control food and beverage budget
• Manage relationships with suppliers
• Keep records and report on daily activities
• Adhere to health and safety policies
• Enforce strict adherence to food handling regulations and safety guidelines
The Food and Beverage Manager is a hands-on position and the individual will participate in the following:
• Preparing food for general public and bus tour guests
• Assist with special events
• Maintain clean and organized workspaces
• Be courteous, helpful and respectful of volunteers, staff and visitors in all interactions
• Other duties may arise and the Food and Beverage Manager is expected to assist whenever practical.
• Proven experience as Food and Beverage Manager or other managerial role
• Experience in planning food services operations
• Ability to plan, execute and report on deliverables
• FOODSAFE certification
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
• Trade qualification is preferred
• Knowledge of heritage operations is an asset. Experience in working at a heritage site,
or not-for-profit organization is also an asset.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment
• A criminal record check is required.
This position requires wearing a heritage costume. Some jobs will be more difficult than others, and the safety of the employee will always be a high concern. Weekend work, overtime shifts, or call-ins may be required.
A medical report may be required for this position.
Should be capable and physically fit to lift 50+ lbs, recognizing that safety equipment should be used when necessary for specific jobs.
Motion Parameters: Employees should have a clean drivers abstract, be capable of standing for long periods of time, using stairs, walking fair distances (2+ km), kneeling etc.
Vision and Hearing Requirements: Employees should have their hearing and vision tested annually. Eye, ear and lung protection are available and should be used for each job as required.
Psychological Demands: The employee is expected to make quick decisions, work collaboratively with other departments and employees, problem solve, read or write, may be asked to speak publicly, or interpret data.